Wednesday, November 12, 2008

SkillSurvey adds passive candidate search

About a year ago I posted about two new websites that automate the reference checking process--Checkster and SkillSurvey. Turns out it was one of the most popular posts I've ever done, so there must be an interest out there in making this headache-inducing process easier. I'm still a big fan of both services, and had the pleasure of meeting Yves Lermusi, CEO of Checkster, at this year's IPMAAC conference.

Anyway, I got an email the other day from SkillSurvey about some cool new functionality they've implemented. Back when I wrote the original post, it occurred to me that one eventual outcomes of having all this reference check data is the database that's being generated. Imagine the sourcing possibilities if each reference gives contact information on 5 other individuals in their field!

Well, SkillSurvey apparently had the same thought and this new function (with the somewhat cumbersome name of Passive Candidate Compiler) allows users to search their own database. A lot of recruiters already maintain a database of reference-givers, but this automates the whole process, saving tons of time.

Pretty slick if you ask me. Next step? How about access to the entire database?

No comments: