Thursday, June 19, 2008

Scare applicants into applying

What if instead of convincing applicants to apply based on your brand, your benefits, etc., you scared them? That appears to be the strategy of North Carolina's Office of State Personnel.

Their latest recruiting video is called "We are here"--and no, it's not a documentary of aliens trapped on earth, although I'll forgive you for mistaking it for one.

It is, bar none, the strangest professionally made recruiting video I've ever seen. I really don't know how to describe it, so do this--go check it out and let me know what you think. It's one of those things you'll want to show your co-workers.

(by the way, I do have to give OSP kudos for their other profiled video, which describes the development of a SAS-based knowledge management system called NC WORKS).

1 comment:

perrik said...

That NC OSP video is creepy! I don't think potential applicants are the target market, though. It seems more like a warning aimed towards governmental organizations and non-profits: recruitment, retention, and succession planning are the only things standing between you and total anarchy in the streets of Charlotte.